[complete] Horoscopes and Heartbeats

Hogwarts and its surrounding grounds.

Re: Horoscopes and Heartbeats

Postby Alan Gardener » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:46 am

"Right. That." He smirked and did a half roll of his eyes. "They make it look really easy in there. Muggles use it too. But theirs is entirely made up I think."
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:59 pm

“Yeah, they try to use Astrology similar to how we use it, but… all wrong” Zelda nodded with a small laugh. “So what exactly are we having troubles with?”
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:17 pm

"Almost all of it." He lowered his eyes sheepishly. "Like, I know that Mars and Mercury are morning planets. But I don't know what that has to do with the future." His fingers started to mess with the corner of his page in the book.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 pm

“Alright, so let’s start with the basics” Zelda said, “When you’re reading the alignment of stars, you want to know a little more about exactly about the planets and what they represent.

“Since you know that Mars is a morning planet – do you know what Mars represents?”
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:16 pm

He knew he should have been listening to the words of her explanation, but he was mostly watching her talk about it. His eyes chanced a few looks at her mouth as she spoke. Then he realized she had asked him a question. His cheeks flushed and he panicked out an answer, "War?"
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm

She smiled. “In a way, absolutely” Zelda confirmed with a gentle bob of her head, not noticing that Alan may have seemed distracted. “Mars, in some aspects is a bringer of war according to the centaurs. Aggressive and destructive. But it’s not all this fire and brimstone as it also can bring determination, confidence, passion depending on how the planets align.”
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 pm

A little wave of heat moved through him when she smiled and he hadn’t been a total idiot. This time he followed along and wrote down some key words. “Okay. So what planet needs to be aligned for say, passion.” Shoot, he should have picked a different one. “Or, like, determination. Or whatever.”
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 pm

“Well for determination Mars should be aligned Jupiter, Jupiter is the planet of Luck and it resides over thinking, exploring thoughts or places, making something of either you or others” Zelda explained, her hands moving as she talked. “For passion, Mars and Venus would have to align – as most people know, Venus is the planet of Love” she added, her eyes flitted downwards at his notebook as he wrote.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:42 pm

"Venus, for, love," his lips moved as he wrote the words. Little likes formed in his forehead as he looked at his notes. "So", his eyes looked to her, "it's like war and love make passion." his words were slow like he was working out an equation, "But how do luck and war go together? That's where it gets weird. Like, I don't know all of these emotions." He squinted at her, feeling emotionally stunted.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:51 pm

“Well, each planet supports more than one emotion, state, so on” Zelda tried to explain, the bridge of her nose crinkling upwards as she pondered if she was sounding at all confusing. “Mars itself is determination while Jupiter is not only luck, but critical thinking and when aligned you can experience great success in your endeavors” she said with a faint smile.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:40 pm

"Okay." He said as his brain worked furiously to formulate a plan. "So I need to memorize what each planet could represent, where and when they are in the sky, and guess at what it all means." He sighed and his brows came together. The steps sounded simple but it all seemed like a lot of work just to make your best speculation at the end. His gaze went to her, his face showing just how daunted he was by it all.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 pm

“It’s definitely a lot to take in” Zelda nodded as she leaned over off to the side. “If it helps,” she began to say, rummaging through her bag for something. “When I started Astrology, I written up flashcards and a chart – I think it may help you out.” She reached out her hand, offering the mentioned items. The flashcards had each planet outlined on them, and the chart was for the alignment of certain planets.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:24 pm

"Thanks," he took them and smiled sheepishly at her. Flash cards were brilliant. He flipped through a couple and admired the little planets. "You didn't say you were an artist too." His voice was accompanied with a tiny laugh.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm

She smiled nervously, her eyelashes batting against her cheeks. “Well, they weren’t too hard. Just come circles” Zelda admitted.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Afraid that he may have embarrassed her, he spoke quickly. "I like them a lot. I'm a visual learner, so they will be really, helpful." Color filled his cheeks and he smiled.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 pm

“I’m glad” she laughed. “Just think of me when you pass with flying marks.”
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm

He laughed too. "I will. I definitely will." Inwardly he rolled his eyes. That sounded way too desperate. Subconsciously he fiddled with the note cards.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Her eyes looked over his face before down to his hands, noticing the fiddling. She looked back up at him, her eyes connecting with his. “What else we got in Divination? Was it just Astrology that we were having issues with?” she asked, beaming as usual.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Alan Gardener » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 pm

"I think so. That's all we've touched on so far this year and I still feel like I'm drowning in it. Like, everything else I'm pretty good at. It's just divination that drives me nuts." He didn't stop talking. Which made him feel a dumb. He always talked about himself. "But yeah, the flashcards will be so helpful. Do you do that for all your classes?"
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 2000-2007
BIRTHDAY
23/ 5/1989
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Zelda Salem-Couillard » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah despite its label, Divination is a difficult class” Zelda agreed, “It’s really hard to predict the future – even if you do have the sight for it.” Alan was aware that Zelda was a seer. In fact, a lot of other students were aware of it. It wasn’t exactly a secret.

“Mhmm! Only when it’s appropriate – I have some for Potions, Charms, DADA…” she went on, making her wonder why she was even sorted into Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw. “It helps me study.”
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
24/12/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Claira