• Administrator

It's the Pips!

Request a specific character to be made.

It's the Pips!

Postby VeNox » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:43 pm

The Pips Clan
Because if you've gotta have a massive family, they might as well be attractive...

Sinclair PipsJemina Pips
Alastair PipsGlynnis RothMagnus Pips
Corwin PipsZelene PipsVesta Pips

*Hover for names. All PBs are suggestions. All I ask is that the PBs look similar.

Spoiler: Sinclair Pips - The Protector - Father - Available show
Available

PB: Jeremy Irons / Age: 59 / Job: Retired Auror

Sinclair was not always considered a blood traitor, but when it came down picking sides, (most importantly during the First Wizarding War) following the guidelines of his conscious over that of his family tree won him no favors. His family generally regarded him as the screw-up, though his position as an auror elevated him slightly. The last straw came in the form of an elopement to his wife, Jemina on the very same day of his arranged marriage to someone his parents felt appropriate.

He heard from his sister every once in a while, but he might as well have been dead to his parents. He didn't mind much. He focused on his wife and his own family. He found contentment in his job and the little things. The Second War was hard on Sinclair, and he had to do things that ate away at him during his time as an auror while Voldemort was in power. He retired early after the war, and has been struggling with PTSD and loss of purpose ever since. Luckily, the love of his wife and his pride in his children keep him grounded.

Spoiler: Jemina Pips - The Glue - Mother - Available show
Available

PB: Kim Delaney / Age: 54 / Job: Lead Investigator

Jemina was the youngest daughter of a Pureblood family that cared a little too much about status for her taste. Their absolute obsession and focus on her older siblings allowed her ample time to become the rebel and disgrace of the family, a similarity she found in the devilishly handsome Sinclair Pips. She was interning in the Law Enforcement Department and he was a rookie Auror. She wanted him the moment she saw him. She was incredibly forward about her attraction and with a little steady flirting and some skillful seduction, she soon had him wrapped around her finger. He was fun, handsome and a good lay, and she didn't see him as more than that until she heard of his engagement to some other woman. She confessed her true feelings to him on the morning of his wedding and without another thought, he married Jemina instead. Her family was actually quite pleased with the connection, surely thinking their daughter would be a floozy and disgrace for the rest of her life. They were happy with something.

Jemina's rebellious spirit calmed somewhat when she was hired as an Investigator and became pregnant with her first child. His birth placated her even more, and she found that a life dedicated to others was far more gratifying than she could have ever thought. She loved her children and was far more supportive and open than either hers or Sinclair's parents could ever be.

The Second War weighed far less heavy on Jemina than it did her husband, though she understands her own hardships were far less than his. She continues to support him, though the strength of their marriage, in her eyes at least, is fading at an uncomfortable pace.

Spoiler: Alastair Pips - The Lost - Oldest Son - Taken show
Taken by VeNox

PB: James McAvoy / Age: 35 / Job: Senior Witch Watcher

Being the oldest of all of the Pips children armed Alastair with a sense of responsibility from a young age. He did his best to keep his siblings on the straight and narrow, though Cowin and Zelene liked to give him a run for his money. He was an average student, but incredibly athletic, which led him to be house seeker at the ripe age of 12, the youngest in the house's history. By his fifth year, things couldn't have been better. He was a prefect, had found love in a girl named Constance Coldwell and was performing satisfactorily in school. All in all, the future looked bright for Alastair.

Things changed when he walked in on his best friend, Frederick Nickle, standing over Constance's lifeless body, soaked in her blood and raving about being the chosen one. Nickle was locked away, considered mad by most, but escaped less than a month later. Alastair's need for revenge fueled his ever decision from that moment forward. He graduated from Hogwarts, moved on to the Witch Watcher Program from there, and spent every resource available to him to track Nickle down. And track him down he did. It was a long, bloody and miserable duel that should have been to the death. But extenuating circumstances left both men alive but greatly changed from their encounter.

The family generally considers Alastair a shell of what he once was, but they tend not to speak of it. They offer him support in whatever way they can, and he has remained relatively close to all of his family members because of it.

Spoiler: Glynnis Roth - The Overachiever - Oldest Daughter - Available show
Available

PB: Michelle Monaghan / Age: 34 / Job: Senior Auror

Glynnis is the type of woman who makes life follow her rules instead of the opposite. She's driven, confident and intelligent. Always closest to her father, she knew at a young age that she wanted to follow in his footsteps and become an Auror. As such, she was invited to join the Ministry soon after her graduation from Hogwarts. Refusing the play politics during the second war, she kept her head down, did her job well and came out practically unscathed and a promotion to boot.

One of the only times her plans didn't come to almost perfect fruition, was in her marriage. She wasn't a real believer in love and was anything but a romantic. She looked at marriage as a practicality, and more importantly, an opportunity for a partnership that would strengthen her career and take her places. She was more than annoyed by Hadwin when she met him. He was bubbly and always smiling. He loved his job, but had no real drive and no ambition. But he stuck to her like gum and the more she tried to peel him off, the more he grew on her. It took her a long time to accept that she was in love with him, but things got a lot better when she came to terms with it. The birth of their daughter, Livia, cemented the feelings and she's never regretted the decision for a minute.*

*Current relationship between Glynnis and Hadwin is completely up to the players.

Spoiler: Magnus Pips - The Ghost - Middle Son - Taken show
Taken by Pytech

PB: Jim Sturgess / Age: 32 / Job: Auror

Magnus is the family member that is least attached to the family, though he did follow in his father and sister's footsteps to become an auror. He likes to keep his personal business to himself. Underneath it all, he's got a wicked sense of humor, is outrageously clever and incredibly efficient.

He used to look up to his older brother, Alistair, when he was younger, but his attentions faded when his brother started to change. He learned to rely on himself and has always been something of a loner. This fact has given him an advantage in his work. His work relationships are always kept professional and keep him grounded in the job.

*Not sure what else to do with Magnus. If you have any ideas, hit me with them!

Spoiler: Corwin Pips - The Follower - Youngest Son - Taken show
Taken by Liz

PB: Colin O'Donoghue / Age: 30 / Job: Smuggler

In a family of strong personalities, Corwin seemed to fall to the wayside. His siblings loved to use him in family disputes or pranks, as he always sided with the one who showed him the most attention. And if there was anything he loved, it was attention. Being the middle child doesn't usually offer much of that, so he would often look to others. He never really developed his own sense of self, and as such was easily manipulated by just about everyone and anyone.

Maybe if his parents or older siblings had paid attention to him, they would have seen how toxic his friendship with Quillen Humphrey would come to be. Though Quillen has been nothing more than a bully, trouble maker and opportunist since he was a young lad, he's intensely loyal and always treated Corwin like he mattered. Quillen has dragged Corwin down a darker path than anybody has realized. Recently, the pair, who have been known to get into quite a bit of trouble, have stepped off of the deep end, taking jobs smuggling goods in and out of the country and through the wizarding community for August Webb. While they haven't been caught so far, who knows how long their luck will last.

Spoiler: Zelene Pips - The Smartass - Middle Daughter - Taken show
Taken by Twu

PB: Arizona Muse / Age: 29 / Job: Missing Person

Zelene is sarcastic, blunt, wickedly smart and often selfish. She found most pleasure at home in manipulating her older brother, Corwin for her own amusement. At Hogwarts, the work left her unchallenged and allowed her to get into all sorts of trouble. She filled her time with pranks and tricks and was often seen being reprimanded by one Professor or another. She currently working in the Hollows, and none of her family members know where she is.

*If you have any other ideas for her, hit me with them! :D

Spoiler: Vesta Pips - The Wildcard - Youngest Daughter - Taken show
Taken by VeNox

PB: Emily Blunt / Age: 26 / Job: Unspeakable

As the youngest of the Pips clan, Vesta was often left to her own devices, and preferred it that way. She liked her siblings, but liked her time alone more. She became very good at listening and very good at collecting information. This made her somewhat popular at Hogwarts, as she became known as the girl to go to if you wanted information. It was one of her professors there that saw her potential for becoming an Animagus, and she jumped at the chance.

It was during the Second War that she discovered some secret artifact that lead to her job as an Unspeakable. Nobody knows what happened, but that doesn't mean they don't try their hardest to find out.

The Important Players

Frederick NickleHadwin RothQuillen Humphrey
Livia Roth

Spoiler: Frederick Nickle - The Betrayer - Alastairs Arch Enemy - Available show
Available!

PB: Sam Riley / Age: 36/ Job: Undesirable

He considers himself something of the pureblood chosen one, meant to bring light to the darkness that is the world and it's muggle corruption. He might have felt a different way when he was younger, but he has since been enlightened. Voldemort's failure was due to weakness and folly. The mistakes he made were blaring, and though he would never say it out loud, Frederick saw him as a kind of false prophet. He worked under him tirelessly during the Second Wizarding War, but abandoned his cause when he was killed by Potter. He now works with a few different cells of Death Eaters, not sure if any are completely deserving of his loyalty.

Alastair Pips and Frederick were practically inseparable as children. It was a friendship that was neither supported or disapproved of by his parents. The Pips, after all, were a pure blood family. The Nickle's radical ideals about eugenics were balanced in Fred with a more conservative education at Hogwarts. In Fredrick's mind, being sorted into Gryffindor stalled his enlightenment. Shortly after the First Wizarding War, his parents were outed as Death Eaters and instead of being sent to Azkaban, were killed in a blaze of glory. It was shortly after this that the dreams began. These dreams foretold Nickle's eventual rise to power and his part in the cleansing of the Earth of all non-magical beings. But first, according to his visions, he had to prove himself with the sacrifice of a muggleborn woman: Constance Coldwell, both his friend and Alastair's girlfriend. She was no doubt chosen to really test his loyalty to this new world order he would lead. And as he watched the blood drain and the life leave her body, he was finally free to become the man he was destined to be.

Alastair refused to understand his new path in life, and though he did his best to avoid his pureblood friend, he did eventually catch up with Frederick. While Frederick survived this encounter, it changed him*. But nothing can stop him from fulfilling his true purpose.

*PM or Skype me and we can talk out the details of their past. :D

Spoiler: Hadwin Roth - The Lighthearted - Husband of Glynnis - Available show
Available

PB: Jake Curran / Age: 36 / Job: Senior Muggle Liason Officer

Hadwin was mesmerized by Glynnis the moment he saw her. There was something about her confidence and beauty that drew him to her like moth to flame. He was persistent, if not only because he didn't really know any better. He wasn't particularly charming and was rather clumsy at times. Hadwin and Glynnis were certainly an odd couple. But his kindness and optimism seemed to win her over in the end. And now they have a child together.

*Feel free to mold Hadwin into whatever you want. He's pretty open to interpretation. Also, talk to Glynnis' player to figure out their current relationship.

Spoiler: Quillen Humphrey - The Bad Influence - The Corrupter of Corwin - Taken show
Taken by Niky

PB: Jaime Dornan / Age: 34 / Job: Something

His troublemaking tendencies probably stemmed from the fact that his parents didn't give one single solitary fuck about him. He acted out attention, but never really got it. Then, it just became habit. He became friends with Corwin by chance, but that friendship stuck. They were like two peas in a pod, and Corwin always seemed to think that Quillen's ideas were good. At least someone did.

They were older when Quillen came to Corwin with a new proposition: they could make tons of money and connections by working with August Webb. The man is rich after all, and has just about cornered the house-elf market. It doesn't seem to faze Quillen even a little that this work in incredibly illegal. In his mind, the consequences don't seem all that bad.

*He's pretty open to interpretation! Feel free to hit me up with ideas! :D

Spoiler: Livia Roth - The Spirited - Daughter of Glynnis and Hadwin - Available show
Available

PB: Maggie Elizabeth Jones / Age: 6 / Job: Student

The young, spirited, and bright young offspring of Glynnis and Hadwin Roth.

*She's young enough that she can have any kind of personality as long as she's got spirit. Go wild with her. :D
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Re: It's the Pips!

Postby kate » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 pm

I am interested! I'm not sure yet in whom. Probably Magnus or Corwin. I will think about it more tomorrow and see what transpires while I am asleep.
OOC Inactive
Ministry of Silly Walks

Postby VeNox » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Sweet! :D
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby Vandal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi, Quillen looks cool, may I reserve him?
There are three things wise men fear
OOC Inactive
Supercharged

Postby twufoo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:41 pm

I need moar ladies, so dibs Zelene :333333
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby VeNox » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Yay! Most certainly to both of you! :D
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby Saturday » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:34 am

Want Glynnis! How committed are you to the pb?
Satta Tracks!
characters, threads, prompts, requests, etc...
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Postby VeNox » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:29 am

Not! You can pick pretty much whoever you want as long as she fits in! :)
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby kate » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:32 am

I think I want Corwin! I will work on the app probably after the holidays. >.< although I might have some time this weekend. Is that ok?
OOC Inactive
Ministry of Silly Walks

Postby VeNox » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:35 am

Yes it is! I'll reserve him for ya!
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby Saturday » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Woot!
Satta Tracks!
characters, threads, prompts, requests, etc...
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Postby Trish » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello we should discuss Frederick, you and I. :3
OOC Inactive

Postby Jeffrey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:11 pm

where is Gladys Knight
OOC Player
The Rectum
Pooptrigger

Postby VeNox » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:27 pm

LOLOLOL!

Somebody told me once that they were going to make Gladys Knight so she could hang out with the Pips. It might have been Satta. LOL.

Also Trish!!!! YUS. YUUUUUUUUUUS.
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby kate » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:51 am

So Corwin exists now! Here he is. All other Pips who want to do things with him should talk to me :D
OOC Inactive
Ministry of Silly Walks

Postby VeNox » Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Updated, so I'm bumping! :3
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby pytech » Wed May 27, 2015 7:24 am

I really, really shouldn't, but it's addicting honestly, and I think I'd love to be Magnus >.< if no one's called him...
OOC Inactive
Department of Awkward Pandas
Magical Panda

Postby VeNox » Wed May 27, 2015 7:44 am

Nobody has called him! He's all yours!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby pytech » Wed May 27, 2015 9:15 am

Awesome! I'll get in him asap.
OOC Inactive
Department of Awkward Pandas
Magical Panda

Postby Niky » Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 am

hai quillen looks interesting and I am all for this house elf scheme? can has?
OOC Moderator
Department of Deliciousness
Bite Me

Next

Return to Character Requests