The Note

Any random hallways, secret passages, or lifts throughout the Ministry.

The Note

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Fabian walked purposefully down the hallway, whistling a tune with his hands in his pockets. Only half an hour ago, he’d found a note on his desk from an anonymous sender. It said to meet in a passageway off the main corridor of level 5, so that’s where he was. After some searching, he found what must have been the right passageway, and slipped inside.

“Hello?” It was very dimly lit, with one door at the far end. The handwriting of the note had looked like a female’s, but he couldn’t be certain. He wasn’t a handwriting professional.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan

Re: The Note

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Horatio often cursed why he agreed to work for the Ministry, in a job below his abilities, in an office where he had to share a desk space in a government he didn't agree with whole-heartedly. A fact demonstrated by a quickly finished pipe that he had to snuff out before people got wise. Horatio lent against the wall with a bored expression, just waiting for his contact to arrive. Alright, soon to be contact. He'd heard of Fabian by reputation only and had little chance to look over his case work but all that mattered was his rank.

It was easy enough to forge his hand writing to look marginally feminine, easier to pick a quiet spot for the meeting. Finally, He saw the imposing man walk down the corridor,issuing a cautious hello. "Hello." Horatio replied coldly, stepping forward in simple robes with little colour in them at all. "I need information."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Fabian was disappointed the person waiting for him wasn’t female. A sexual encounter at work had probably been wishful thinking anyway. Most of the women at work were strictly professional, those that weren’t….well he already knew those ones. The man waiting looked familiar, very serious if not slightly sinister. Information? This man had come to the right place.

“What sort of information?”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:25 pm

He wasn't going to push his luck. Tact. He had to remember tact. "I need the files or a copy of them that relate to a Mr Constantine. I believe the Auror office have been investigating him for 6 months." MR Rupert Constantine was a leading city banker who, for some time now had been abusing his status as a wizard to win big in trading on the muggle antiquity market, and by big, Horatio meant Biiiiig. Not only that but he'd branched out, using all kinds of charms on elderly pensioners to swindle them out of their savings. All in all a right rotten bastard that Horatio would be happy to see taken down.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:55 pm

That wasn’t exactly what Fabian had been expecting the man to ask, his hand rubbing his chin as he contemplated the request. Being an Auror, and a senior at that, definitely made it easy for him to obtain the files. But making sure no one knew what he wanted them for, would be much trickier. Removing them entirely was a no-go too, so he’d have to copy them.

“9 months.” Fabian corrected with a nod. “When do you need these files?” Constantine was a slippery bugger, using magic to rip off muggles. He’d evaded their clutches more times than he cared to admit.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:29 am

Horatio felt the air get stuck in his throat. 9 months. Good bleedin' God. He remained firm, trying his best to keep it all under a thin appearance of calm. "As soon as possible since it's been 9 months." NINE months. Either Constantine was some sort of criminal genius or the Auror office was still in desperate need of actual detective work. But he couldn't say that, not in the slightest.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:25 pm

“I can get copies to you tomorrow.” Fabian usually wanted something in return for his help on matters such as this, considering if he was found out he could lose his job. This job meant a lot to him, so he needed insurance of some sort.

“I only have one condition. If you get anywhere with it, you let me know immediately.”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:52 pm

"IF?" Horatio gave a small smile and a quirk of an eyebrow. "I have no interest in the credit if that's what you're worried about. Consider this a....Consultation. My case load is considerably light right now so I thought I'd look into a few on going investigations. And since this isn't exactly legal, maybe keep my name out of it." A hand had made his way out of his pocket, in an attempt to shake.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Fabian rolled his eyes, everyone always thought he wanted the credit for these things. As much as getting the credit was nice, and provided him with a lot of good attention, he didn’t much care for it either.

“It’s not the credit I’m after. I want to finally nab the asshole, so if you get anywhere with it I need to know.” This man was offering consultation? He wasn’t entirely sure what that meant, but it looked like it would work in his favour. “If we get him, I might have more cases for you to look at.”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Horatio found is interest well and truly captured. Work from the Auror desk...Now that was something he could get behind. "I'll think on it. Alright fine. I'll...let you know when I find something." Because he was going to. Constantine wasn't smart, he was lucky. Horatio appalled Luck.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Fabian knew the man would like the sound of more cases from the Auror office. Let’s face it, the Aurors weren’t bloody getting anywhere. He was doing his best to get people’s heads back in the game, but was failing.

“Good. I’ll meet you here same time tomorrow with the files, yes?”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:31 pm

"I'll be waiting. The name's Horatio Sherlock." He spoke with a sly wink before walking past and out of the corridor. Finally...his brain wasn't going to rot!
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Fabian Wentworth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:38 pm

"Fabian Wentworth." He muttered as the man disappeared out of the corridor. Fabian waited for a few minutes, then followed suit. They'd meet again very soon.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
4/ 4/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Morgan