• Administrator

Thin Air

Restrooms, closets, and all other assorted nooks and crannies

Thin Air

Postby Charlotte Evans » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:31 pm

It was a long, long day in the Obliviators’ office, field jobs, paperwork, and whatnot, Charlotte was glad for it to be over. Her hair once in a tightened ponytail, now laid limply on her shoulders as she dragged her feet to the lift. The doors dinged open, revealing a woman with bright coppery hair behind them as Charlotte’s tired blue eyes bore into her own before they flitted off to the side. She walked in, turned around and pressed the button that would send both of them to the Atrium.

Well, it would have, if the lift didn’t tremble and lock up. The gears made a grinding sound as the whole elevator jittered several times before coming to a complete stop. Charlotte had held onto the side to avoid being thrown around and risk the possibility of knocking over the other patron of the lift. As it came to an abrupt stop and the doors not opening, her eyes glowered.

Fuuuuck.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Accidents and Catastrophes
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
21/12/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Claira

Re: Thin Air

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Slytherins had a knack for talking trash about every mudblood in school, particularly in the common room or girl’s dormitory bathrooms late at night. While Charlotte had been a year behind her in school, Evelisse certainly knew of her—enough to intentionally avoid association. Evelisse didn’t generally participate in bullying in school, she just simply made a point not to speak to muggleborns. Eleven years is a long time, however, and working in her field- especially at such a horribly inclusive place as the ministry, Eve buried her condescension behind a polite, pleasant façade to all.

Needless to say, she had never spoken directly to Charlotte. There was no need, prior to now. But now, well… it would look quite rude and abnormal if the redhead obstinately refused exchange of pleasantries. Particularly after eye contact had been unfortunately made. Her hand’s grip tightened on the rail along the edge of the lift as it shuddered to a halt. “Bugger,” she muttered to herself, displeased. Leaning back on the wall of the lift, she sighed. “You would think for all the revenue generated here that the Ministry could manage its own lifts,” she commented before settling her gaze on the other woman. “Long day for you as well?” she inquired, her tone friendly enough.
St. Mungo's
Ministry On-site Clinic// St. Mungo's Psychotherapy Ward
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Charlotte Evans » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 pm

Charlotte side eyed her carefully before nodding her head with a growly harrumph. “Yeah, you can say that” she said, keeping her answer short and clipped. She moved forward and pressed the distress button experimentally, receiving no sort of output from it. “And you’d think they’d make sure something would work on this when it goes down, but that doesn’t seem to be the case either.”
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
21/12/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:59 pm

"Of course not," she chuckled wryly at the concept of a competent Ministry. The structured government couldn't maintain it's own building, let alone be trusted with managing the wizarding world properly. And yet, of course, power was centered here. Slipping out her wand, she tried an alohomora charm on the lift's doors, which neither unlocked, nor opened in response. "Well, that's bloody excellent," she sighed. "I don't suppose you work in the Department of Magical Transportation or Magical Maintenance then," she joked lightly.
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Charlotte Evans » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 pm

“Not at all” she quipped, “and I don’t you don’t either.”
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
21/12/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:34 am

"No. I'm in the Clinic. You?" she returned.
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Charlotte Evans » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:24 pm

“Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes. Obliviator” Charlotte nodded, shifting her legs as she was beginning to feel uncomfortable with just standing there. Though she didn’t say much afterwards, crossing her hands over her arms. The vanishing cream she had normally put on every morning had begun to wear off and Evelisse could see the scarred up skin on her hands from her time in the second wizarding war and the slightly faded scar that cut just underneath her cheekbone from the time she nearly got a Glasgow smile.
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
21/12/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Evelisse nodded in acknowledgment. "Ah, memory charms," she smiled, "Quite a tricky business." Her gaze caught the scar upon the other woman's cheek and lingered a moment before flickering away. "Some days, I rather think there's things we'd all rather forget," she commented, thick with implication. The brief moment soon passed before Eve gently making light by adding, "Such as times we get stuck in a bloody lift, no? They surely have to notice it's stuck soon."
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Charlotte Evans » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am

Charlotte looked over the other woman in the lift quietly, examining the planes of her face with no response to her second comment. When she brought up the lift, she broke her eyes away, instead fixing them on the lights above. “Yeah, I’m sure they’re sending someone on their way right now.”
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
21/12/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Eve nodded, sighing a bit in irritation at the situation. Opening her purse, she sorted through it a moment with a hand before extracting an St. Mungo's identification badge from it. Satisfied to know she found it, she slipped the badge into her robe's pocket along with her wand. "You look rather familiar. Hogwarts, right?" she commented offhand, pulling a peppermint out of her bag. She unwrapped the peppermint thoughtfully, "I can't seem to place your name, though. Did you play quidditch or any clubs there?"

She paused a moment before chuckling sheepishly, "I apologize. I seem to have forgotten my manners. I'm Eve. I was class of 93."
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Charlotte Evans » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:26 pm

“Uh, yeah I used to be a beater on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, 1991 to 1995” Charlotte confirmed, looking over at Evelisse. “Charlotte Evans.” One of the corners of her lips quirked up quickly before reverting back to the former straight line.
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
21/12/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Claira

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 pm

"Ah!" she nodded, her gaze seeming to brighten with a touch of familiarity. "That's right, I remember you now. I always thought that was a bit of an ironic position for the nicest house, no?" She smiled, teasing gently, "I think all the other teams quite underestimated Hufflepuff beaters that you'd be too nice to chuck a bludger their way. Or that you'd be, you know, like checking on them or apologizing later."
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma