FH: The Responders

Level Two: Department of Magical Law Enforcement, including the Improper Use of Magic Office, Auror Headquarters and Wizengamot Administration Services. Also contains a magical firing range and a dueling & magical combat simulation room.

The Wizengamot court, is located on level ten.

FH: The Responders

Postby VeNox » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Date: October 9th, 2004
Time: 9:15 am

After the Second Wizarding War, the Ministry relinquished control of Gringott's Wizarding Bank back to the goblins, and shortly after a new task force was formed: the MLE Response Force. It's purpose was clear -- to protect the interests of the Ministry and it's allies. Called in only the most dire of situations, or in high profile situations, the task force is the only interdepartmental force in the MLE, with members of all of the law enforcement departments as members. Assignment to the task force is typically short term - anywhere from six months to a year. The Ministry believed that if they kept task force assignments short term, the number of MLE officers coming through the program would ensure that any and all personnel would be able to work together for effectively. Those assigned to the task force had ten extra hours of training each month -- and in cases of emergency were deployed together. The task force has only been utilized once over an incident with the Russian Wizarding Community -- and that incident ended before anyone was utilized. The Response Force is comprised of five groups of four. Each group has a representative from each of the four law enforcement departments. Each bring with them their own skills and expertise to create a well rounded, expert group of men and women meant to deal with a variety of situations.

A last minute training session called together Peggy, Mordecai, Sorcha, and James together. They'd already been at their drills for three hours and were given a momentary reprieve by their trainer: Marion. This was only the second time the group had come together as a whole and were still trying to learn how to work with each other. James held out a box of chocolate donut holes for his teammates, grinning.

Spoiler: OOC Info show
This thread is intended to serve as a setup for events of the heist. Therefore, it will be very lightly GM'd. I will only response if I feel like something needs to be addressed or if the pacing is off. Please keep in mind character objectives, and have fun. I will be updating the thread as events take place in other corresponding threads. Post as much as you like. Please PM me with any questions or concerns.

#FangthornHeist #FangthornPart1
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Re: FH: The Responders

Postby Sorcha Flannery » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am

Sorcha chewed her bottom lip as she looked down at the box of donut holes. Despite all of them being pretty much identical, it took her a moment to decide on exactly which one to take, mentally weighing some kind of mysterious criteria only she could see, before she plucked one up between her thumb and forefinger and thanked James.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
2/ 4/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Marion Dangerfield » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am

Marion was standing a bit to the side of everyone, jotting down progress notes on a clipboard. He glanced up briefly at the chocolate donut holes but didn't take one for himself.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Veteran Training Instructor
BIRTHDAY
6/11/1948
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6' 2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Peggy Malone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm

On a normal day Peggy would not have eaten a donut hole, she didn’t like the chocolate getting on her hands. She was really fricking hungry right now though, so she took one. 6am training calls were a thing of the past and she was irritated with how unprepared she felt. Was she getting soft? Her jaw smashed down in the donut in her mouth, which relieved the tiniest bit of her frustration.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Mordecai Kelly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Being a veteran of the brutal physical training demanded of the hitwizards, the early start and intense session didn't bother Mordecai, and he was irritatingly chipper as he grabbed a couple of the little pastries. Shoving one in his mouth, his words came out muffled: "Thanks, man."

He'd barely swallowed the first before the second went in and he turned to Peggy. "That pastry owe you a blood debt or something, Malone?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
27/ 3/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby VeNox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 pm

James smirked, helping himself to more than a few of the morsels and popping them in one after another.
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby Sorcha Flannery » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 pm

With a satisfied hum, Sorcha finished her donut hole in two bites and went back for another one. "These are good. Where'd you get them from?" she asked James.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
2/ 4/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby VeNox » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:44 pm

"There's a bakery near my flat. They make a mean cake too," he smiled. "I just can't help myself when I pass by in the mornings."
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby Peggy Malone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 pm

She mockingly narrowed her eyes at Mordecai. "It did, Kelly." She cleared her mouth and took another. The second donut hole was in her mouth, "This one did too." She stuck her tongue out at him and showed him the remnants of her donut victory.

Focusing on the other two she said with her mouth full, "They're really good. Thanks."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Mordecai Kelly » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:18 am

His nose wrinkled at the partially-masticated donut remains, and he didn't reach for more like he'd planned. "Geez, I didn't need physical proof; christ, I've seen better table manners from farmyard animals."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
27/ 3/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Sorcha Flannery » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:04 pm

"Oh, maybe I should try them out. What's it called?" Sorcha asked James and then neatly took a bit of her second donut hole.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
2/ 4/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Peggy Malone » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Peggy rolled her eyes at Mordecai and cleared her mouth. “So sensitive.” She took her leave of him and moved to the other side of James and Sorcha. Her eyes skimmed over Marion, deciding if his extensive note taking was good or bad news for them.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby VeNox » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm

"'One In The Pan'," he told Sorcha, "not far from St. Mungo's. It's easy to miss though. Remind me later and I'll get you the address." He held out the box again for any last takers before he put it away, tucked nice and neat inside of his bag.
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Return to Dept of Magical Law Enforcement