• Administrator

Instead I am here - Lola

Level Two: Department of Magical Law Enforcement, including the Improper Use of Magic Office, Auror Headquarters and Wizengamot Administration Services. Also contains a magical firing range and a dueling & magical combat simulation room.

The Wizengamot court, is located on level ten.

Instead I am here - Lola

Postby Salome Rishad » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:06 am

God, her training had been so long ago. Every time a trainee was assigned to her, that was all she could think. They breezed through the door and suddenly the gap between her and them was impossibly wide. It was almost thirty-five years since she'd began, and she'd been the oldest one in her cohort even then. God.

She shook herself out of that thought and tidied her desk. It was a spy's reflex - if you're alone and you know someone's coming, make sure you collect yourself, show what you want to show and put the rest somewhere else for later. Compartmentalisation. It was also an old veteran's way of steadying herself before what, if the file on her desk was accurate, promised to be an... experience.

But, as she was all the more aware lately, no moment could last forever. At some point, Ms. Bell would be at her door. She breathed through her nose and shut her file. Here went nothing.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Re: Instead I am here - Lola

Postby Lola Bell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm

The door burst open and Lola sloped in looking more like a street vagrant than an actual agent--her clothes rumpled, her combat boots worn and dirty, and her hair a ratty mane. Dark makeup lined her eyes in a way that was supposed to look smokey but made her look haunted instead, and there were a couple bruises on her neck that she'd made no attempt to cover up.

Her gaze fell on Salome, then she looked down on a slip of paper in her hand and back up at the older woman. "Uh... Ms. Rishad, right?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Fucking hell. Salome had seen dead bodies more put together than this girl. This was what she had to work with?

"Indeed." She paused for a moment, sizing her up. "Hello, Miss Bell." She put a hand out to shake. If it was to be a lesson in culture...
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:18 pm

"Hey." Lola grabbed her hand and shook it, releasing it quickly as if the the very gesture of a handshake was unappealing to her. Taking a seat across from Salome, she said, "I hear you're kind of a big deal."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:24 pm

Salome's lip twitched into the ghost of a smile.

"I've just been doing this a long time, is all." She opened the file strategically to avoid Bell being able to read upside-down. "How's your training been so far?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 pm

"Uh, it's okay." Lola slumped into the chair, as if she could will it into a beanbag chair by virtue of her own bad posture.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:27 am

"Good. Are they getting you out in the field much?" The First Wizarding War had broken out shortly after she'd begun her training, causing a temporary pause on all but the most necessary field training operations. In hindsight it made sense, but she remembered feeling frustrated at the time.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am

"Yeah. Isn't it all in there?" She cocked her head towards the folder that Salome had been reading.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

"It is. You've had some exciting ops, for a trainee. Any highlights so far?" She wasn't running an interrogation training - that had been designated to someone else for this season - but she nevertheless wanted to learn a bit more about this girl before they got started. What made her tick, what she enjoyed.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm

Lola's eyes went distant as she thought through the various training exercises she'd been on. There had been several that stuck out to her, but ultimately she said, "The play switcheroo.... That was... uh, really hard. But fun."

She was describing one of the field training exercises that was often used to test the mettle of new recruits. During the exercise, they had to assist in kidnapping a muggle theater actor, impersonate them for an entire live performance, and then obliviate and return them so they were none the wiser when it was all over.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm

"I can imagine." That particular exercise didn't ring a bell, but that didn't say much. Her memory was pretty good, but a lot had happened since then. In any case, she wasn't getting much out of this girl. All right then.

"I'm the person they asked to do the international culture training session." The boring one, was the subtext there.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Lola stared blankly at her. "... Okay."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Fucking hell. Like water from a stone.

"In my day the IP&C training was a written test." She'd trained in the year the First Wizarding War began, when recruitment had been high and available teaching staff low. Salome glanced up, sure the girl wouldn't react but looking for a reaction anyway. "I always felt that was... inadequate."

Salome opened the file again, looking to see what languages Bell spoke and whether she'd trained abroad.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Lola was watching Salome, listening attentively. She did not react. In fact, when Salome stopped speaking and looked at the file, Lola's gaze shifted left, then right as if wondering if she was supposed to say something or if Salome was going to keep talking.

Based on her file, Lola didn't know any other languages or have any foreign training. Compared to other witch watcher trainees, she was terribly under-prepared or perhaps only meant for a smaller scope of domestic activities. It seemed that she had been let into the program mostly because of her metamorphamagus abilities as well as a number of other personality and background characteristics that indicated she was likely to be loyal on account of hating the enemy.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 pm

"... though perhaps, in your case, a written test would be appropriate." Harsh, but honestly. Languages, accents, and cultures were currency to a Witch Watcher, as far as Salome was concerned. Even within the country, knowing how to act like a foreigner could be vital in the right circumstances. She sighed.

"Have you ever Apparated out of the United Kingdom before?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Red

Postby Lola Bell » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Technically, Lola had been forbidden to practice magic for the past five years or so, so...

"No."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Witch Watcher Trainee
BIRTHDAY
10/ 3/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Salome Rishad » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Salome's lip twitched into a half-smile. "Perfect." She closed the file and put a paperweight on top charmed to let no one but her lift it again.

"We've been tracking a counterfeiter for several months now." We meaning not her, but rather field operatives - she rarely got to go out these days. "They're operating out of South-Central Paris, 15th arrondissement - that's a quiet neighbourhood south of the Seine, mostly expats and yuppies. Three fellows, two English and one Scot. They're... low-priority, shall we say, but definitely worth apprehending."

She whipped out her wand, murmured something indecipherable, and pulled out the second desk drawer. From it she took two phials, one green and one red.

"Would you like to come along?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1944
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'5"