[complete] Sorry is not enough.

Level Three: Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, including the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, Obliviator Headquarters and Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee

Re: Sorry is not enough.

Postby Effy Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Her thin face turning to stone when Olive retorted. Effy just shook her head slowly, unable to form a response to her ridiculous answer. ”Forget it, I knew this would never work.” Her voice low and grumbly. ”You three are just too stupid to figure it out. What the fuck does it matter if he wants to be with someone else? That hasn’t ever bothered you before. You still have him. He’s right down the fucking hallway. Do you know what I’d give to see James again?” She thought if she had shown Olive, Sofia and Aleks how stupid they were being, they could figure it out on their own with just a little push. She was clearly wrong. Effy’s voice was raising exponentially as her emotions did.
Ministry Of Magic
Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
Misinformation Officer
BIRTHDAY
10/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 6"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Olive was ready to yell back at her, but then she mentioned James. Olive remembered back to school where she would glower at the two of them and their incessant troublemaking. They were inseparable and she really couldn't imagine what his lost must have meant to her. "Effy," her voice regained a softness, but not pity. If it were her in the situation, pity would be the last thing she would want. "Aleksander and I aren't like you and James." Carefully she approached a step and crossed her arms over her chest. If she could just make Effy understand, "Your brother won't speak to me or tell me the truth. That's why I'm angry. Not because he's happy with Sofia, but because he wasn't brave enough to tell me about her."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Accidents and Catastrophes
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Effy Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 pm

"You're right, and you never will be because you two pricks are children who can't get past one mistake and you're trying to take it out on each other." By this time, her snide remarks had gained the attention of at least the offices and desks closest to Olive's and Effy did her best to shade her face from the on lookers. "I don't fucking have time for this petty bullshit." She remarked harshly. "Figure out your shit, Olive. Make up with my brother before you both can't go back." Her voice was low and missing any inflection but, sounded faintly threatening. Effy's braided hair, flipped over her thin shoulders as she turned to leave, irritated and having not accomplished her goal.

Effy stopped on her way out of the office, something had been bothering her since she had found out about it and she had almost forgot to tell Olive and now seemed like the perfect time. Turning just enough so Olive could hear her, "You owe me a new chair, that was my fucking chair you destroyed." Effy had been distraught when she realized the piece of furniture that was home to her was charred to bits.
Ministry Of Magic
Misinformation Officer
BIRTHDAY
10/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 6"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Olive let the girl freak out about this 'one mistake' and whatever bullshit she was spewing, but she could'd keep the skeptic look off her face when Effy said what was happening was petty. As far as she could tell, Effy's entire adult life had been built on her overreacting and snarking about every petty situation to come along. In fact, Olive was the one who had just tried to show kindness, and Effy was the one butting in to other people's business. She rolled her eyes before the girl turned back.

Laughter erupted from her mouth at Effy's final words. "I don't owe you a goddamn thing. And I could give a shit if I ever speak to your brother again. He made his choice." She picked up her clipboard again, ready to be done with this bizarre encounter.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Accidents and Catastrophes
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Effy Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Effy huffed on her way out, her hands gripping into fists at her side. This wasn't good for her right now. She didn't need this when she was trying to sort her own shit out. No longer caring, if what Olive's co-workers thought of the interaction, Effy made sure to slam the door as hard as her weak body could on the way out. If Olive wanted to be a stubborn asshole about this whole deal, Effy would have to tackle it a different way.
Ministry Of Magic
Misinformation Officer
BIRTHDAY
10/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 6"
PLAYER | Sander