[complete] Musical Desks

Level Three: Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, including the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, Obliviator Headquarters and Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee

[complete] Musical Desks

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:43 pm

It was the first day. She walked most of her usual route but instead of walking to the end of the hall, she turned much closer to the lift. She rounded the doorway a little too hastily and ran face first into another human. "Shit"

#Olisander
Ministry of Magic
Magical Accidents and Catastrophes
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Re: Musical Desks

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Clad with a box full of the miscellaneous junk from his desk, Aleksander's transfer had been finally approved and he couldn't have been more ecstatic to be doing something he was more interested in. Cheerily carrying his box to the lift, he was whistling a soft tune and eyeing all of the things that had accumulated over the past years. The moment he was going to grab for one of the items, he ran smack into someone else. That was what he deserved for not paying attention. His items scattering, his eyes immediately went from shutting in reaction to the pain to gathering his things from the floor. "My bad I should have been..." His eyes looked up to show his apology to the person he had walked in and his face instantly dropped. "Olive." His voice breathy and like he had forgotten her name.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Improper Use of Magic Officer
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 pm

She immediately had seen the things on the ground and knelt to gather them. Then she whipped her face towards the familiar voice. Fuuuuuuuck "Hi. . . Noel." The name sounded foreign on her tongue and her eyes looked anywhere but his.
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:00 pm

"Soo... You're moving to be with the cool kids of the department?" He questioned, trying to keep his tone light and friendly. Placing the refilled box on his hip, he held it to the side, one hand hanging on to it from slipping down his side.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:07 pm

She stood and adjusted her skirt back down to it's proper position. "Yeah. I, eh, needed a change." In her mind, she was going to be cool and strong the next time they met. In reality she couldn't breathe. "Where are you leaving to?" Her eyes almost rolled at her stupid wording of that question.
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Aleksander shifting the contents of his box, as he uncomfortably stretched his shoulders back. Everything about this screamed uncomfortable. "MLE. I'm really not cut out for this job. I took it years ago, thinking it would lead to a promotion or a transfer and it finally has."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:12 pm

She stared at his box and adjusted the strap on her bag. "Oh yeah. Me too. Funny." Her smile was unbearably forced and she just couldn't bring herself to look at his face.
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Loathing how fake this whole scenario felt, he lifted his palm to sheepishly rub the back of his neck. "Listen I really need to talk to you." He took a single step closer, and lowered his voice so no passerby could overhear them. "Are you busy? Can we go get coffee or you could walk me to my new office?" he was grasping at straws, trying to figure a way to get Olive to speak to him.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:28 pm

"Sure." Her mouth moved before her brain could do the smart thing. FUCK! "I mean, uh, coffee would be great."
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:30 pm

"Yeah just hang on." Returning to his mostly empty desk, Aleksander plopped the box down of the desktop before rejoining Olive at the lift. Pushing the down button, more than necessary, the lift finally arrived and he held it open for Olive to enter. He was not looking forward to the most awkward elevator ride ever.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

She peeked into the office as he set his box down. That was her new desk, but now didn't feel like the time to have that conversation. He held the door open for her and she was irrationally irritated at how gentlemanly he was. Stepping in, she grasped the strap of her bag but not before hitting the button. She could hit her own fucking buttons.
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 pm

He didn't know if he should start the conversation now or until they weren't in a metal box that he couldn't escape from. He decided to wait till the doors opened again, and he could escape from her, if she decided to go on a tirade again. After reaching the floor that Ministry Munchies was on, Aleks stepped out of the lift and headed for the cafe. The smell of dark roasted coffee called to him. Approaching the counter, he ordered "Black coffee... and whatever she's having." He informed the barista, pulling out his wallet.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:54 pm

The silence was oppressive. Olive was regretting this with every step. It really felt like there was nothing more to say. She stood behind him in line and played with the lining of her pockets. "Oh, no. Please, I can buy my own." Her voice was not harsh, but she really didn't want him buying her anything.
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Turning his back so she couldn't see him rolling his eyes at her comment, he took his beverage from atop of the counter, "Just this then, mate" Aleks informed the barista, paid for only his coffee and went to find a table in the back and awaited Olive to get her drink.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:00 pm

She got a very large and very dark coffee, took a breath, and joined him at the table. Her heart beat fast. She really thought she would be stronger than this. Not being able to think of anything useful to talk about. "Sooo, Improper Use will be fun."
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Taking a sip from the hot drink, he burned the top of his lip slightly and his face winced. Olive's question went unanswered. He wasn't here to pussyfoot around. He wanted answers. "What the hell happened, Olive?" His voice sounded exasperated. "I thought we were fine and then you left before I woke and I didn't even know what to think of that." His voice steady and calm as he spoke quietly.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:18 pm

She stopped her urge to ask if he was ok when he winced. When he asked his questions she was glad of that. Really trying to remain clear headed she went over the facts. "I wasn't able to sleep. I felt like we had made a plan to really try this thing and I couldn't sleep." Her voice hitched as she accidentally made eye contact. Staring back at her coffee, "I left a note. And then you didn't speak to me for weeks." Her throat ached with waiting tears, but she willed them back.
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Taking a deep breath and sitting back in his chair, he ruffled his hair with his hand. "Listen... I'm not trying to put the blame on you" Aleks paused before beginning again "I know I should have told you about Sofia sooner and I just... I didn't even know what was happening until it already happened and by then it was too late and Effy got to you before I could." Aleksander hands fidgeted with his mug handle. His sister had messed up a lot in his life, but this was a mistake that he doubted he could forgive her for. She caused him to lose his closest friend because Effy was jealous that he was finally getting his own life.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Olive Huntridge » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

Fingers tapping on the side of her coffee cup, she debated whether or not she should just leave. Reason prevailed and she remained in her seat. She took in a long breath. "You're focused on the wrong part, Aleksander." He thought she was bad because he was with someone else, It's was much simpler. "You should have told me when you realized you didn't," her voice broke subtly and she chose to look at his face, "realized you didn't return my feelings."
Ministry of Magic
AMR Squad
BIRTHDAY
2/11/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Aleksander Noel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 am

Aleksander sat back in his chair, suddenly feeling very confined and uncomfortable in the small café. ”The problem is, that’s not true.” His head lowered, his gaze following to the floor. ”I loved you, and I still do and probably always will, but we both knew it wasn’t going to work out, Olive.” His voice was soft and hushed, almost afraid of what she was going to do or say to him.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
19/ 5/1981
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Sander