Sherlock and the Gay Kid

Level Four: Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, incorporating Beast, Being and Spirit Divisions, Goblin Liaison Office and Pest Advisory Bureau.

Sherlock and the Gay Kid

Postby Teddie Doolittle » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:12 am

Nervous Nervous Nervous.

Anxious Anxious Anxious.

Please somebody get me out of this.

Teddie was just...oh boy was he a big ball of emotion today. His mentor, who was known for believing in the 'thrown in the deep end' technique, was now putting him in charge of showing Inspector Sherlock (Yes that was his actual name) a prime Kappa specimen. He knew that there was apparently some case that tangentially related to the little green water goblin, and he was to show him the beast for comparing purposes. Still, the idea of having to talk and discuss and have an actual conversation with this guy was turning Teddie's mind into a variable hurricane of social anxiety.

This could be seen in the awkward tapping of his foot, as he stood by the entrance to the Kappa enclosure, awaiting his companion with only the most refined stress.
Ministry of Magic
Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
Beastmaster Trainee
BIRTHDAY
5/ 1/1984
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"

Re: Sherlock and the Gay Kid

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 am

Horatio marched on through the large and generally messy floor dedicated to magical beasts. Where the Auror office was a mess of filing and paper work, this area was more suited to be a grand sort of stables with the catstrophic amount of tears, rips and other deposits of fluid he recognised as urine or some form of acid. It really was a magical place.

He held in one hand a bird cage that had the corpse of a Kappa hanging loosely inside it. It was a rather large Birdcage. As his footsteps echoed down the corridor, probably misheard from all the growls, shreeks and in some places, grunts of the animals about, His keen eyes spotted a bearded young man with an agitated foot.

"Horatio Sherlock." he spoke as he arrived at the taller man and held out his hand to shake. Already he began to pic apart the man's day and in some cases, his previous experiences. "Does the Ministry allow pets to nestle in beards?" he asked as he caught sight of a tiny little animal rumaging about. His voice was clear, curt and on topic as he spared a passing glance inside the enclosure.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Teddie Doolittle » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 am

Teddie stood at attention, caught up in his own little social turmoil until suddenly there was a sudden disruption. With eyes shooting upwards, he soon found himself making direct contact with the Investigator himself, who was just as mature and professional looking as he would have guessed. Teddie, dressed in a pair of black overalls paired with a white button up and a tie...well, he was somewhere between professional and a farmer. Always a good look.

His voice hit a little bump when he first caught sight of Sherlock, resulting in a sound that could best be described as a 'yeep.' This was followed quickly by a "O-O-Oh! It's a-a pleasure s-s-s-sir...." This was not going well already. Hi voice was particularly shaky, and his mind was shooting fireworks by this point. "I-I-I'm Teddie D-Doolittle..."

And then the pygmy puff got mentioned. Pastel, at that moment, was burying around in his beard like the adorable little fluffball he was, and a flash of the pink fluffer must of slipped into view of Horatio. Nobody had ever said it was a problem, so the obvious answer would probably be a 'yes.' but Instead what came out was a "W-W-W-Well I talked to my s-s-superior...I mean, my m-mentor you know? And h-h-he said that nobody would m-m-mind..." Meanwhile behind him in the little enclosure built for the kappa, the little beast was enjoying the water, gently splashing about and lurking just below the surface.
Ministry of Magic
Beastmaster Trainee
BIRTHDAY
5/ 1/1984
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 am

Horatio found himself repressing a sigh as he soon realised he'd been given a trainee. Great. And one with a serve stutter. Most like brought on by a form of PTSD from the war. He found his mind going into auto pilot, picking up the facts and shapes of Teddy's past. Young, so in school when Voldemort was rising to power, no more than 23 so very young in fact. Relates better to beasts since why else would he look after a Pygmy in his beard and socially anxious. Kid gloves it was then.

"I don't care." he said flatly as he held up the bird cage for Teddy to inspect. "Take a breath and think. I need to see another Kappa for a comparative analysis, can you help me facilitate this?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Teddie Doolittle » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:14 am

Okay, ow. That one stung a bit. Teddie got that defeated look that scolded puppy would get. His hands slipped into his pockets and for a brief moment he wondered if...well, if anything he was about to do would go right. However, he took the guys advice and took a breath, letting himself detach for a second, before refiguring his thoughts and focusing on the task at hand. That nagging voice of anxiety was still present of course, but he was doing his best to push it aside. Eyes rolled down to the cage that the fellow held, frowning at the contents.

"Poor Thing..."

His voice lacked a hint of stutter or anxiety, though it was definitely laced with sadness. Life and death was a cycle, but it was still a shame. Pushing a finger through one of the bars, he gently lifted the head of the kappa corpse, analyzing it carefully. "Hm....well....judging by the distinction of skin color....and from the emaciated chest...." He thought it over, "It would most definitely have passed away due to an issue with the respiratory system...." There was a sort of glint in his eyes as he spoke. He really wasn't talking to Horatio, so much as he was talking to the animal, the beast. He was in his element.
Ministry of Magic
Beastmaster Trainee
BIRTHDAY
5/ 1/1984
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:24 am

And like that he was suddenly talking to someone who was mildly capable at his job. Horatio gave him a mental pat on the back for helping the young man focus. If he was honest, he had guessed it was something to do with choking, but a second opinon from someone who worked in the field was always a good way to go about getting a 'confirmed diagnosis. "That goes along with the victim, his lungs closed up and shrank to the size of a raisin. It must have affected the Kappa." But the question then became what caused that to happen in the first place?

Horatio then decided to enter the enclosure, spying the very much alive Kappa splashing about the pool, paying no head to any signs that might state he'd need protective gear. He needed to get in close to the beast, since it's corpse was found in the small lake, what he needed was to observe their behaviour for a few moments. "I don't know any toxins that affect both wizard and Kappa, so i want to say spell. Anything to add?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Teddie Doolittle » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Teddie had slipped into 'animal father' mode, as he tended to call it in his head, the minute he was prompted to focus on the deceased Kappa, but now that he was prompted to talk to Horatio once more....well, he was somehwere in between? "W-Well..." He stuttered, examining the body. "...Choking seems rather unlikely....a-at least choking that was done by a p-person....the marks on the neck are similar to cases of Kappa getting c-caught in thick seaweed....they struggle too much and well..." He notions to the corpse.

His eyes shot back to Sherlock, who was now....oh fuck. Oh fuck no. "M-Mr. Sherlock!" He exclaimed. "You d-don't want to be in there!" As he had spoken, he noticed it was a bit too late, and the kappa was making a beeline for the man's leg...where it proceeded to attempt and take a nice big chomp into he fellow's leg.

Teddie was mortified.
Ministry of Magic
Beastmaster Trainee
BIRTHDAY
5/ 1/1984
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am

Weather or not this little incident was planned would never be known but Horatio's reaction would have been the same. With a jolt he flung his leg out, smacking the beast in the jaw with such force that it went really back with a squeak and into it's pond. Sherlock turned his back on it with a flurish his face beaming. Anyone would assumed he'd enjoyed nearly being mauled.

"Seaweed of course!" He exclaimed. Gripping the taller man by the shoulders in manic glee, he shook him for all his worth.
"The victim was a botanist with a passion for the orient, must have thought a Kappa would have spiced up the coy pond. What he didn't bet on was the rub-shlump weed growing inside it. Strong as wire and useful in teas but that's not important. The murderer would only be able to grab it if he was near the pond which as we know, contained our dead Kappa. The murderer defended themselves with the same weapon they used to kill Mr Qufesther. The shrivelled lungs? Sid effect of a small curse I read up on, designed to lead me on a wild goose chase I'd wager. The marks showed up on Kappa skin but not human, hahaha!" He had released Doolittle from his grasp by now, his speech rattling NYC off like a drug addict on speed. He paused brirfly to catch his breath. "I need to find his friend with the missing calf. Cmon." He said expecting Teddy to just follow. Horacio may have gotten use to an audience.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Teddie Doolittle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:40 am

Teddie watched in horror as his little Haru-chan got flung back into the pond by a roundhouse kick. Are you kidding me? He knew that the little water goblin could survive a blow like that, god knows he's seen it happen, but still who the hell was this guy coming into his section of the ministry and doing something like that-

And suddenly this dude was Mr. Chatty.

Teddie's took a glp of air as he listened to the fellow, or rather tried to listen really...he had little to no idea what he was even discussing but it sounded important....though apparently there was a guy with a missing calf? What? He had no idea, and from the way Pastel was rummaging around within his beard, he very much didn't either. The shaking fellow was briefly reminded that he was to do what Mr. Sherlock asked him to do, he was his superior after all...and when he was told to follow? Well, He followed.

With shy, nervous steps he trodded off after the man. "...Wh-Where are we g-g-going?"
Ministry of Magic
Beastmaster Trainee
BIRTHDAY
5/ 1/1984
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'3"

Postby Horatio Sherlock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:12 pm

"Soho." He spoke simply.

Soho had to undergone great change since the 1980's, with the sex shops and crass entertainment venues d creased and high market shops and up scale eating places coming in fast. It was also one of London's most diverse area with the poor and the rich living side by side.

Between a Kebab shop and a M&S, seemingly representing this diverse existence, stood an old building seemingly unnoticed by all passers by apart from Teddy and Horacio. Above was an old worn sign stating the name. "That hers hatters". Horacio pushed the door letting himself in.

Inside was a large room with stacks and stacks of wizard and witches hats going up the the ceiling, a chair or two thrown about the place for some form of comfort. "Mr Thatcher!" Horacio called out.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Investigator
BIRTHDAY
10/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0
PLAYER | Masked Mask