[complete] Waking Nightmares of the Worst Kind

The cobbled streets of Diagon Alley contain restaurants, shops, Gringotts, and other various sundries. Just be careful not to turn down Knockturn Alley. Something something something sinister sounding

Re: Waking Nightmares of the Worst Kind

Postby Bryony Rowle » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 am

"Only for a few more days," she said with a chuckle. Her smile faded somewhat, thoughts sobering her. "I know it's not quite time yet," she admitted, "but when the time comes, I'm feeling hesitant to leave. I imagine tonight is going to be worse than the rest." Anything trying was always worse the first time. "Is there anything I can do now to help you?"
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 pm

His smile was sad. "I think talking helps. Having something to distract form the dread at least makes me calm. Other than that it's all a waiting game." Leaning back on the counter and studying her face, "I am certainly not pushing you out, but do you have anyone waiting at home?"
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:03 pm

She considered his question, probably longer than she should have. "No," she said with finality. "I'm not in any rush, either. So let's talk."

It might have been true. It might not have. There was no real way of her knowing, and even though she felt guilty about it, she would much, much rather stay and talk to the charming Jack Reddoch. Compliments aside, he didn't treat her like she was some kind of stain on a precious tapestry. And for a moment, she didn't feel quite so lonely.

"How long have you lived here?" she began. "It's lovely."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:22 pm

His lips pressed together and his eyebrows raised. He certainly didn't believe her, but he also wasn't one to pry, so he went along with her new topic. The flat was cozy and clean, but he would not describe it as lovely. "Just a few years. When I was released, it didn't feel right going back to the Reddoch estate in the highlands. Too large for just me."

His gaze turned to the woman sitting across from Bryony. "Mum would have liked it though. Isn't that right?" The phantom drank her own glass of pitch black tea. Only he could hear her response, "No. Yer no' built fer it."
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Her eyes followed his gaze to the emptiness in the chair. The realization that he was seeing something that she wasn't hit her and her eyes lowered to her cup of tea. A feeling washed over her, like she had been a school girl all over again, caught listening to a private conversation between teachers. She took a long drink from her cup.

"I wish I lived somewhere smaller. There's something lonely about a big house with unoccupied rooms."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 pm

His 'mother's' words made him feel dejected, so he stared at the floor while Bryony spoke. "It is nice to be somewhere manageable. Not a lot to dust." He smiled a little and lifted his head to look at the healer. But he stopped when he saw that his mother was nothing more then a skeleton. With a sharp gasp he dropped his tea cup and it shattered on the floor. He blinked and the chair was empty.

With panicked eyes he searched Bryony's face. His voice was strained, "Was she there?" He didn't know which answer he hoped for.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:50 pm

She hadn't been ready for the cup to shatter. She startled, the remainder of her drink (which wasn't much mind you) soaked into the cotton of her light blue shirt. Embarrassed, she barely registered his question. "Uh... wha..." she looked up at him before setting the empty cup down. She felt the liquid trailing down her shirt, the fabric absorbing every last drop in a strip that ran from her chest to her skirt. "No. We're the only ones here," she said, her brows furrowed in worry.
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:04 pm

He watched the ordeal, but it happened so fast he couldn't help. Then she answered causing his heart to sink and he cheeks to burn. The hallucination was so real, he hadn't even noticed. His look to her was stiff, but with a little shake of his head and a few blinks he pushed the feelings down.

With a half-stride he was next to her and he picked up the napkin from earlier. "I'm very sorry I startled you." he held the napkin out to help dry her, "Let's hope it doesn't stain. That tea was proper dark." He smiled at her with apology in his eyes.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:42 pm

She took the napkin from him, blotting at the stain. "It's alright. Never been a fan of this shirt anyway." She met his gaze, and there was kindness in her eyes. It wasn't forced, and came freely. She eventually returned her attention to her shirt. She dabbed it a few more times and would leave it. She was okay with cleaning spells, but didn't trust herself enough to use one while she was still wearing the shirt.

"Do you ever have any happy visions?"
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:44 am

His left arm was across his torso supporting his right elbow. He held his right hand to his mouth as he examined the clearly stained shirt and skirt. Still studying the blouse, “Not usually. If they are happy, it doesn’t last long.”

Finally he stepped back and returned his look to her face. “I hope it isn’t too forward, but I might have an outfit or two if you would like to change and wash the tea out.” His eyes flicked to the room spilling out colorful light.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 am

"Really, that's sweet of you," she began, chuckling lightly. She stood and crouched to the floor, collecting the larger pieces of ceramic in her hands. "I think I'll survive."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:40 am

His large smile returned to his face and he chuckled, "Survival was never in question." He crouched too and pulled out his want. One wave and the bin lid next to her opened, another and the tea on the floor dried up. He watched her hands collect the larger shards and he felt a pang of foolishness for having dropped the cup. His 'mother' felt just as real as Bryony here. Senses flaring, he flicked his eyes up to the woman's face.

He had been stupid and let the thought 'what if she's not real' squeeze into his mind. As if on cue, Bryony's face began to morph into the face of his long dead wife. But she was dead and Jack knew that was true. He stayed still, he could feel the sweat building up at his hairline, he continued to stare at the false face knowing deep down that it was an illusion. He blinked, but nothing changed. Mentally he repeated Bryony's name over and over while he stared at the face of a dead woman.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 pm

She dropped the bigger pieces into the bin and with a sweep of her wand and a softly spoken spell, the rest of the little ones were swept away and out of sight. She returned her gaze back to Jack, a satisfied smile loaded and ready to fire. Any inkling she had of it, however, fell as soon as she saw that look on his face.

"Are you alright? Jack?"
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:31 pm

"Bryony. Bryony. Bryony." His voice was just above a whisper. Her voice belonged to the kind healer he knew was in his flat in Knockturn Alley. The face wasn't changing back. Desperately he continued his chant, forcing his brain into the present. Unaware of the tears now coming out of his eyes, he gazed towards the bed. "Bryony. . . Bryony. . . ". He looked back to the morphed woman, and then again to the bed.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 pm

There was wrenching deep in her gut as she watched him. She wasn't sure what he was seeing, and she wasn't sure how to help him. She stepped close, clasped her hands around one of his, and led him off to the bed.

"It's okay," she said, as if she were soothing a child. She brought him to the edge of the bed. "You'll be alright. Sit."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 pm

His legs shook as they moved and he was grateful to collapse on the bed. Her voice was still that of Bryony and he thought he saw a flicker of of her lovely face when she spoke. Looking much older than 54, he unsteadily lowered his head to the pillow. "Bryony, bryony, talk, please?" His ceiling was normally a dim tan color, but tonight it looked like the night sky. It would have been soothing if the stars weren't plummeting, red hot, towards him.

His grip tightened on her hand. "Bryony," His voice was barely a whisper.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:01 pm

There was something akin to a feeling of perversion in the back of her mind, like she was opening a door into a room she was never meant to see. She was fascinated, terrified -- she wanted so badly to see through his eyes, if only for a moment. There was guilt for the thought, but she thought it none-the-less.

She lowered herself to the edge of the bed next to him, her hands steady on his. She heard his plea, but her mind was blank. Why was it that someone never knew what to talk about when they were asked to speak? "When I was a girl, my father used to tell me a story of a boy who lived in a wood," she began. Perhaps it was the way they sat, the desperation in his voice, that brought her back to that moment. "He was alone. He had been for as long as he could remember, but he didn't mind, for even though he lived by himself in that wood, he was surrounded the strongest of magic: Love. He knew this Love to be true, and good, but he didn't know from where it came..."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 pm

The sky rained fire around him, although none of it ever made it to the ground. It just kept on falling. Her voice cut through the noise. He listened to the story and his shaking slowed. While he focused on every word, the fire became less scary. And the earth reeled around him, but he imagined the woods and a little boy. His thumb moved slowly over the back of her hand. His eyelids relaxed.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac

Postby Bryony Rowle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 pm

"... so the boy decided one day, he would find the source of this Love," she continued, watching him as he watched the ceiling. "He packed up his things and traveled through the wood, further than he had ever gone before. He went past the giant trees of Sky Haven, through the falls of Oceania, and up the Steelback Mountain. In all of those places, and every step he went, he felt the presence of Love, but he felt he was no closer to its source. And finally, one day, he came to the seat of the Knowerall. The Knowerall was a great, massive hawk, with wings that stretched further than the eye could see. They said that the Knowerall was as wise as they came and could see as far as the edge of the universe. Surely, the Knowerall would have the answer the boy did seek..."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Jack Reddoch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Every blink of his eyes felt longer and slower than the last. His head lolled to the side so he could just see her face at the corner of his vision. To his relief, the kind healer seemed to be back. The orange light from the celestial balls of fire lit up her mouth every few seconds. Focusing softly on the distant apocalypse, his eyes widened momentarily at the large bird now flying between the falling meteors.

Her voice clearly rang in his ears and he knew that bird. His lips lazily formed the work "Knowerall", but no sound came.
Knockturn Alley
Azkabang Prison
VIW Host
BIRTHDAY
1/12/1949
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5' 10"
PLAYER | Mac