[complete] Squibs 'R Us

Apartments, condos, houses, hovels, mansions, etc. wherever your character resides.

Re: Squibs 'R Us

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Moving the cup in circles with a delicate touch, she shrugged deeply. "With Alan and my own life and..." She paused, she pushed a blonde lock out of her face, "You just seem to have it all together all the time." Her face dropped from its typical cheeriness to one filled with remorse.
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Bryony's eyes widened in surprise. "You think I have it together?!" She couldn't help but laugh. "And here I was thinking you were so full of grace."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:22 am

Charlie let out a matching laugh with her friend. Her shoulders dropped with a swift exhale. ”Oh thank god. I was starting to think I was the only one.” Charlie liked to maintain her cheerful attitude at all times. She was afraid that people would think she was weak if she didn’t maintain a flawless façade.
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:27 pm

She smiled sympathetically. "I think we're all just pretending we know how to be adults," she said, a lightness in her voice. "I certainly don't know what I'm doing." She reached across the counter to take Charlie's hand. "Is there anything specific you want to talk about?"
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:38 am

Charlie didn’t even know where to start. It just felt good to vent to a sympathetic ear. ”I just feel so…” She struggled to find the right word to describe what was going through her head ”inadequate. I mean how am I supposed to be a parent to… I'm just very concerned Alan is struggling with his...How am I suppose to help him with...” She cut herself off when she realized she had been rambling and not making much sense. ”What I mean is it is difficult to connect. For all I know, Alan is secretly ashamed of his squib aunt and that’s why he’s never had a friend over.”
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:12 am

Bryony had taken a long time to understand. She understood that Charlie was flustered but she had never considered it had anything to do with her being a squib until she finally admitted it. She shook her head instantly.

"I can't make guarantees but I have a very good feeling that your being a squib has very little to do with Alan's behavior. Teenage boys are incredibly hard to contend with, magical or not," she said patting her hand in sympathy. "And you not having magic won't impact him at home. In fact, I imagine it's nice to have a reprieve from the pressures of school when he's with you." She took a deep breath considering. "As you help him to feel more comfortable in his skin, the friend's and the appreciation with come. I'm sure of it."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Charlie's lips pursed into a faint smile, she nodded at her friends words. Everything she was saying made sense to the logical part of her brain, but the illogical part was screaming at her that everything she was saying was wrong. Picking up her cup, she took a quick sip off the top. "That must be it." She remembered being a teenager. She never turned down a new friend or a place to go that wasn't her own house for the night. Maybe it was different for teenage boys. "Enough about me. Tell me, how is Elijah doing?"
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:37 am

Her smile faltered at the mention of Elijah. She was so used to getting that particular question, but considering recent events she wasn't as comfortable answering it. "He's fine. Working hard as ever. Has his eyes set on some big promotion, so I don't see him often. But he's happy, I think."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

"Are you?" She questioned through the lip of her cup, her brow raised. "Happy, that is?" Her friend's smile had seemed to fallen when she had asked how her husband was. From Charlie's experience, the little that she had, that's not exactly how relationships went or were suppose to go.
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm

She took a deep breath and sat back a little. "I have a lot of things in my life I am happy about, yes. But I think it's hard to feel happy all of the time."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:37 am

From the way she spoke, she could tell she wasn't being completely truthful or at least wasn't showing her whole hand. Instead of pushing her for more, despite her desire to do so, she changed the subject. "You should come by the salon soon, business has been going well now that Ministry works are so terrified they might catch something from me." She offered with a lithe laugh.
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:50 pm

She was glad for the respite from the questioning. She wasn't ready to talk about her feelings. She rarely was. She chuckled and nodded. "Of course I will. I'm so glad for you, Charlie. You deserve it."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:45 am

"I'm just happy it all worked out, you know?" Finishing her cup of tea, she placed the empty cup on the island and pushed it away from her slightly.
"You know how rumors can be. They can ruin a person." She tried to play it off like she was just referring to herself but, her tone was less forgiving than her face was. Her lips drew thin as she tried to hide what she was getting at.
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:58 pm

"Rumors," Bryony echoed, her brows pinching together. "Rumors about you?"
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:44 am

"Yeah. That too." She nodded, keeping her answers short and to the point. Charlie knew how to play this game well.
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:31 am

Whatever game Charlie was playing, Bryony was surely a novice. She was generally irreproachable, living her life honestly and openly with the rare exception — her sister in law being one. Her recent indiscretions with Jack, she had considered, were a closely guarded secret. But she knew better than anyone that the eyes had walls.

“I’m afraid I don’t know your meaning, Charlie,” she said honestly. There was no guilt in her eyes.
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:16 am

"Well do you remember that one time Jenny Case saw Alyssa Jerome walk into that little lingerie shop over on Diagon, and her sister, Kelly, her husband, Michael, goes in a little after and then the next thing you know, that's all anyone can talk about." She tilted her head to the side with a little shrug, "I would just hate if something like got out me or about any of my friends, you know? Everyone making presumptions and all, it's just dreadful"
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:21 pm

A laugh fluttered from Bryony. It was one of confusion and maybe a hint of nervousness. Maybe she was mistaken but it sounded as if there was something of a threat in Charlie’s voice. “I’ll admit. I’ve never been one for gossip.” Charlie was beating way too far around the bush, and Bryony was lost.
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Charlie Aloysius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 pm

"Hazard of the job, I must say. Everyone gets really chatty when they let their hair down, literally." Her voice took an instant turn into a happier, more chipper tone and she neatly folded one leg over the other. "How has work been? Keeping busy? Any interesting cases?"
Oracle Mall
Curl Up and Dye
Owner/Beautician
BIRTHDAY
1/ 1/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 8"
PLAYER | Sander

Postby Bryony Rowle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 pm

Bryony was nearly flabbergasted, but shook it off and continued as if she wasn't completely and utterly confused. "It's... crazy as usual. Nothing too out of the ordinary, at least that comes to mind. My boss isn't actually very thrilled with me at the moment, so maybe I'm just not getting the interesting cases," she laughed. "I'm sure you see far more interesting things happening in your shop than I do. All those strange requests."
London
St. Mungo's
Healer
BIRTHDAY
23/ 9/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | VeNox