Ghosts, and Gore, and Horror, Oh My!

Anywhere in the world outside of London.

Ghosts, and Gore, and Horror, Oh My!

Postby Rue Audley » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 am

Rue hadn't been to a haunted house since she was a kid, and this one seemed like a step up from the ones of her youth. She hadn't even been sure if she was going, but then Judas had sort of casually invited her along with him so obviously she was going to go. She was wearing her Red Riding Hood costume, because she'd been too sidetracked to get something new for this year.

When they entered, they found themselves in an empty room, except that every surface was splattered with blood, and she'd only taken two steps in when she slipped on something, grabbing Judas' arm for support. The room had the coppery smell of actual blood, and she was already uneasy.

"Is that..." she peered down at what she'd slipped on and swallowed the urge to gag. "...viscera?"

#WightFrightsHouse2k4 #Ruedas #Rutemis
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Re: Ghosts, and Gore, and Horror, Oh My!

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 am

Judas had been totally unprepared for halloween, and the only costume he could throw together at the last minute was a firefighter because one of his friends happened to have a spare. Of course, his friend moonlighted as a stripper, so the pants were held together by velcro strips, and he had to be vigilant about bending or moving too quickly >.>

When Rue grabbed him, he let out a faint laugh. "Whoah -- good effects, aren't they?" he noted, taking her hand in a firm grip to steady her on the slippery floor. His gaze flickered around the empty room until he spotted a door at the other side. "This way...it must be some kind of warm-up scare antechamber for the real thing."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Artemis Weaver » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 pm

And obviously Artemis was tagging along.

She'd told Rue she'd meet her there when in fact she arrived ahead of time and battled her way through the first few rooms of the haunted house to find the perfect vantage point for a good scare, having dressed for the occasion with an extra amount of effort not usually put forth.

You're. Welcome.

She waited in the dark.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard Trainee
BIRTHDAY
30/ 1/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus*
HEIGHT
5' 4"
PLAYER | Aluinn

Postby Rue Audley » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 am

"It kind of smells like the real thing," she said, wrinkling her nose and trying to ignore the nervous way her stomach was twisting. She'd spent more time around the real thing than she'd care to admit, and she was starting to wonder if this had been a good idea. Still, when Judas held her hand she definitely felt like it was worth it. "Onwards, then," she said, taking a deep breath and heading for the door. She yanked it open, prepared for anything, but all was quiet on the other side. She cautiously stepped through, holding Judas' hand so tightly her own was starting to cramp.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:40 pm

It was quiet on the other side because, on the other side, it was a morgue. The room was huge, with several central autopsy tables that were caked in blood and very convincing body parts. There were also several doors leading off the main area, to the crematorium and storage areas, not to mention banks of corpse drawers.

"Oh no," he laughed, looking around the morgue, politely not mentioning his numbing fingers. "I hope you're not scared of zombies, because I'm pretty sure that's where this setup is going." He chose one of the doors on their right and gave it an experimental push.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Rue Audley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

She remembered the inferi in the Hollows and suppressed a shudder.

"I know they don't like fire, so... I guess don't get too close to them while I'm setting them on fire?" She didn't want to accidentally burn him, it had been bad enough when she'd given Lily that impromptu haircut with the chainsaw back on the murder train.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am

Judas glanced at her doubtfully from the corner of his eye. "Uh...maybe we should shield up," he suggested. "I remember how our last adventure together went -"

As he opened the door, a cacophony of sound went off from all directions - the thud, thud, thud of the mortuary drawers being banged on; the rustle and rip of body bags tearing open; and a terrible groooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaan that sent shivers down their spines.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Rue Audley » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:24 pm

She was hoping he wouldn't remember that, honestly.

"God, I know, I shouldn't have-" she didn't finish that thought because the sound of all the drawers opening stopped her in her tracks, a shiver of pure terror tingling down her spine like ice water. Without thinking, she yanked her wand out and turned around to look at the drawers behind them. Belatedly she registered what he'd said about shielding up, and she quickly did so, including both of them in her shield.

"Maybe we should get the fuck out of here," she suggested.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Judas had stuck his head into the room and quickly pulled it out again. "Incendio!" he cast, throwing a whorl of fire into the room full of wriggling, reanimating bodybags, and shoving the door closed.

"We're gonna have to try all these doors," he observed in a tight voice, magically locking the door and dragging an empty gurney across the front of it for good measure.

One of the drawers popped open under the pressure, and a very rotten corpse in a raggedy ensemble of clothing clawed his way out, one eye dangling from its socket, the other yellowed and searching, fixating on the two of them like a laser guided missile, howling and shambling towards them.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Rue Audley » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 am

Rue shuddered, and when she spied the first of the zombies (she was certain that there would soon be more), she immediately threw a spell at it.

"Bombarda maxima!" And the thing exploded, showering them in body parts and guts even from where they were standing. Most of them bounced harmlessly off her shield, but somehow she managed to get some kind of gunk in her hair. She grimaced as she tried to wipe it off, then giving a little shriek and backing up into Judas when she realized that the parts on the floor were still wriggling, a hand crawling toward them, a leg crawling toward the hand ... like it might true to get itself back together again if they gave it enough time.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky