• Administrator

[complete] [Honeypot] Bat Out Of Hell

Anywhere in the world outside of London.

[complete] [Honeypot] Bat Out Of Hell

Postby twufoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:13 am

******Act 1 Vignette******

Characters (Main or Guest): Kelsey, Brock
Length: TUE JULY 25 (15 DAYS)
Premise: Kelsey confronts Brock about Dottie in order to find the truth and make sure that SOMEONE pays.

This is meant to be a fast paced thread, with an average of 1-2 replies per day. Don't be afraid of having your characters perform bold actions and do some powerplaying. This thread will be lightly GMed and poked to make sure it keeps moving.

#SuddenDeath #HoneypotHorror

Kelsey woke up the next morning when Wanda Wittlespree shook her awake. She was curled up inside a small supply closet with no recollection of how she'd gotten from the strange room to there. The last thing she remembered was that strange energy arcing down on her and then nothing. Her clothes were soaked with her period, her cramps were an iron fist twisting her core, and her head pounded like she'd been drinking all night. There was no sign of Matias.

After a quick check of her, Wanda determined that she had suffered from a fainting spell--not a magical one, but one due to dehydration and the anemia brought on by her monthly cycle. Kelsey was too weak and disoriented to protest when Wanda put her in a solitary room with a fresh change of local clothes that made her look like a school marm, but at least they were clean. After Kelsey had cleaned herself up a bit and drank both water and a potion meant to revitalize her, she fell into a deep, exhausted sleep.

When Brock woke up, he immediately called the front desk and heard the good news that Kelsey had been found and was currently resting and so should not be disturbed. He went to breakfast with Matias, who kept giving him dirty looks throughout it. Lance, Mary, and Fitz were all mysteriously gone. All he managed to find out from the staff was that the three of them had gotten into some kind of fight and were taken into town where their injuries could be treated, but no one had any other details.

So aside from Matias, the only other person in their group there was Dottie. Despite what she had said on the phone last night, she was acting differently now. Not as she had been the night before, but she stole nervous glances at Brock when he wasn't looking and looked away too quickly from him, her cheeks flushing whenever they spoke.

In other words, breakfast was super awkward. It was a relief when Wanda Wittlespree (did the woman ever sleep?) came by near the end of breakfast with news that Kelsey had finally woken up and wanted to speak to him. Only him.

In her recovery room, which was basically a regular hotel room but much smaller, Kelsey was dressed in her school marm clothes. There was something indefinably different about the way she felt. It wasn't just the exhaustion and sense of betrayal from the night before, and it wasn't just the aches and unholy hell of her period. It was like the worst case of PMS mixed with something different, something that tapped into the most primal parts of her id--rage, desire, fear, vengeance... every one of her darkest urges was magnified to the hundredth degree.

Which was exactly how she was feeling when Brock entered the room.
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Re: [Honeypot] Bat Out Of Hell

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:51 am

Listen, periods were never fun, Kelsey knew that firsthand. Between the bleeding and the cramps and the emotions ... well, she'd had her share of sobbing into her ice cream and using more healing magic than should be allowed. But this ... this period was something else. The cramps were worse. Her body hurt all over. And the worst of all: she felt everything. She was hurt. She was furious. She wanted to simultaneously cry and break things. Yet when Brock walked in, she was oddly quiet, restrained, staring at him coldly from her place on the bed without saying a word.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Brock was, by this point, in a pretty bad mood. Weird shit kept happening, first with Kelsey and now with Lance - and Fitz and Mary, but they weren't his friends, so...whatever - and Matias was just asking for a beating. And then there was whatever the hell was up with Dottie. Brock had concluded, having cleaned up his bed and eaten the rest of the vending machine evidence, that he'd totally dreamed the previous night, probably as a result of way too much honey.

Oh yeah, and breakfast was also lumpy oatmeal with yet more honey. Brock was ready to go home.

"Heyyyyyyy -" he began as he walked into Kelsey's room, and paused at the look on her face, blinking as if he'd just stepped into an ice storm. His head tilted, confusion narrowing his eyes to a squint. "...are you okay?"
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:09 am

"Am I okay?" She asked, considering the question. "I don't know, Brock, do I seem okay to you?"
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am

Ugh. That question was definitely a trap. Brock shut the door behind him, lamenting that he was now probably on the wrong side of it, and pulled a chair up to her bed. "So what happened last night? That Wanda chick didn't tell me anything. Were you sleep walking, or --?"
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:24 pm

"Why don't we talk about what you were doing last night," she said, crossing her arms over her chest and narrowing her eyes at him.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:54 pm

"Waiting for you, eating half the contents of the vending machine, and then sleeping," Brock shrugged. "Which was probably a bad idea; I had some seriously fucked up dreams."
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:15 pm

God, the only thing worse than a cheater was a liar.

"So, you weren't with Dottie?"
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:23 pm

"Yeah, for like ten minutes?" he said, confused by her ire. "She told me you weren't feeling well, but you didn't pick up the phone when I called."
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:48 pm

She wanted to draw it out of him, but her patience was at an all time low.

"I saw you," she snapped. "I saw you totally making out with her, Brock!" Her voice had risen several octaves and now instead of seeming cold, she was quite the opposite, her cheeks flushed and her eyes burning with hurt and anger.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:15 pm

He rocked back in his chair like she was about to breathe fire, his brows drawing together. "What the hell are you talking about?" he demanded. "That didn't happen for...uh..." he stumbled a bit on the realisation that perhaps this wasn't the best way to defend himself. Shit. But he was in it now. "For real," he finished, clearly not as strongly as he'd started.
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 pm

"What does that mean?" Kelsey demanded. "For real? So were you fantasizing about Dottie, is that it?"
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:39 pm

"Ugh -- no, I just said about the fucked up dreams, right?" Brock reminded her. "Well maybe you had the same one, and that's what you think you saw."
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:50 pm

"Why would we have the same dream?" She asked, not buying it. "Matias saw you too," she added. "I'm sure we didn't all three have the same dream."
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby twufoo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Several pricks of sharpness dug into Brock's back then, not enough to make him falter but enough to sting, each in one of the places where Dottie's nails had dug into him. Underneath his shirt, the scabs that should have been there the night before began to form.
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Brock gave her an odd look. "Matias was in bed asleep all night, so literally the only place he saw anything was in his dreams."

He winced absently, and reached over his shoulder to rub his back at the sudden pain.
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:28 pm

"What?" Kelsey frowned, distracted from her anger for a moment. "Matias was with me last night. All night," she added, because why should she be the only jealous person here?
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm

"...if he was with you then who was in his bed -- and more importantly, why the fuck did he leave you passed out in a cupboard?" Brock challenged.
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Kelsey Carstairs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:50 am

"I don't know, but I was with him!" She insisted, her irritation rising. "Anyway, we're not talking about me!" She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up - albeit a bit wobbly. She kept thinking about how weird Matias had been acting, but she was too pissed off to really give that the examination that it deserved. "I can't believe you would cheat on me with Dottie."
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
2/ 2/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Brock Morgan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 am

He threw up his hands in exasperation. "I didn't!" he pretty much exploded. "If you don't believe me - and why would you, I'm just your boyfriend - then fucking ask her!"
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
21/ 1/1986
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Belle

Next

Return to Everywhere Else