• Administrator

You're Nice, Let's Be Friends

Oracle Mall is located on the ground floor and serves as the Ministry's front to the Muggle World. The mall includes a department store, food court, and various shops

You're Nice, Let's Be Friends

Postby Marielle Prince » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Marielle pulled the bag she was carrying with her dog Renly inside closer to her as she walked into the mall. Her store was closed today, as she took Mondays off to work on projects and the like, often bringing her dog into the mall despite being closed and playing with him in her shop. Today, however, he was in dire need of a grooming, and she'd made an appointment at Purrs the week before. Just a fur trim and nail trim. Not too much.

She walked into the store and set her bag with her small goldendoodle baby inside on the ground. She pulled him out and spoke to the person behind the counter. "Hello! I have an appointment for Renly! He's in serious need of a hair trim and a trim on his nails, just look at how long his hair's gotten! It must be so hot for him in the summer, especially when I take him on walks, because man, all that fur and the heat. He just gets exhausted by the time we're done! Anyways, sorry, yeah, appointment for Renly." She smiled widely at them, a slightly embarrassed smile because when she got to talking, it was often hard for her to stop! She hoped they wouldn't mind.

#Marynn
Oracle Mall
Creations by Marielle
Owner/Seamstress
BIRTHDAY
25/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Heather

Re: You're Nice, Let's Be Friends

Postby Shannon Mirabilis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:13 pm

It had been a fairly quiet day at work, with Wynn only having had one customer so far. He didn't mind the slowed traffic, even though it meant less tips, because that meant he had more time to pay attention to the animal and make sure not a lock of fur was out of place. Having finished up with his behind the scenes work, he was currently behind the counter. It was his single least favorite place to be. It wasn't that he didn't like customers, it was just difficult for him to talk to them sometimes due to his stutter.

When he heard the door open, Wynn looked up from the dog treat jar he was refilling and smiled at the customer. "H-hello!" he offered. Before he could ask how he could help, the young lady was giving him the run-down on everything she needed done and more. He smiled and nodded along, because usually when people started talking they talked over him, but she seemed like she was just being friendly.

"Awww," he said with a sincere smile as he looked at the pooch. "W-well w-we'll get Renly f-fixed right up. L-let me j-just check him off in the app-p-pointment book..." he said as he flipped through the pages of a roster by the register. He confirmed the appointment for Renly Prince and looked back up with a smile. "Alright M-Miss P-prince. P-please follow m-me."

Wynn walked around the counter and led Mari and Renly to a table at the grooming station. He gently patted the table. "If y-you'd p-please p-put Renly up here for m-me."
Oracle Mall
Purrs & Grrs
Groomer
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Marielle Prince » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Marielle smiled at the adorable employee in his grey cat uniform. Holy cow, the uniforms here were adorable! Mari might have to design something inspired by them because they were just that cute. Smiling as he walked her little pup over to a grooming station, she followed behind him, walking happily and with a bounce in her step.

He asked her to put Renly on a table and so she nodded, quickly scooping her fluffy pup up into her arms and depositing him onto the grooming station in front of Wynn. "He really just needs his nails trimmed and his fur groomed and thinned a little because it really is so hot out there for my poor puppy. I think it's even hotter than last summer! Last summer was when I got him, by the way. He was just a little bitty pup then. He's one now! And he's such a big boy, isn't he, isn't he?" She got down to rub noses with her loving companion, giggling before realizing she was doing the babbling thing again.

"Sorry. I talk a lot. Maman et papa say it's just my sunny disposition but I think they're being silly."
Oracle Mall
Creations by Marielle
Owner/Seamstress
BIRTHDAY
25/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby twufoo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 am

A Wild Poltergeist Appears!

#TrollfaceMcGee

Suddenly a jaunty musical tune filled the room, the sound of yodeling drifted through the air in a trololololing lilt, and then--

BAMF!

Bright green clouds of smoke engulfed everyone's heads, including the little dog's. A strange buzzing filled their ears, the sensations of floating, and as the green cloud faded away, the room seemed to have spun on them. Except soon they would realize that somehow their heads had played musical chairs with their bodies. Shannon's head was on Marielle's body, Marielle's head was on Renly's body, and Renly's head was on Shannon's body. Woof, woof.

Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby Shannon Mirabilis » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Wynn watched with a smile as Marielle put her dog on the table. He nodded along as she spoke, not at all bothered by the volume of speech. It made things easier for him when other people did most of the talking, especially at work. And as long as people knew what they wanted, he could usually get away with a sparse word or two here and there.

“It’s f-fine,” he said as he started looking Renly over to figure out the best approach to his coat. “I d-d-don’t m…d-do you h-hear tha-at?”

WHAT? WHAT WAS HAPPENING?

Wynn looked at his body…with Renly’s head on it. Then down at Renly’s body…with Marielle’s head on it. That left…his head on Marielle’s body.

“Oh f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f d-damn!” Thinking quick as he could, Wynn scooped Mari/Renly up off the table in one arm and grabbed his wrist with his free hand, leading his barking, dog-headed body toward the back of the store to the supply closet. He quickly ducked in with Mari/Renly and his body and shut the door.

“O-o-o-okay…j-j-just st-stay c-c-c-calm,” he said. Whether he was talking to Marielle or himself was uncertain.
Oracle Mall
Purrs & Grrs
Groomer
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Marielle Prince » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Suddenly, Mari felt strange. She looked up at where Wynn had been standing, only to see her poor Renly's head... on Wynn's body.... She glanced over to where she had been standing and saw Wynn's head on her body which, pfft, was super hilarious. That left her head to be on Renly's body, which would be absolutely hilarious. And here came the giggles. Mari couldn't even stop them; the giggles exploded out of her and the tiny body under her rolled over as she giggled. And then she was in the air and being carried off, which was a super weird feeling. Like, whoa.

He seemed to be freaking out so she smiled at him once they got in the supply closest, which was decent sized. "My cell phone is in my pocket. If you get it out, I can call a friend to come help us switch back! It'll be okay!"
Oracle Mall
Creations by Marielle
Owner/Seamstress
BIRTHDAY
25/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Shannon Mirabilis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Mari laughing told Wynn two things: 1. she was quite possibly a loony given the circumstances, and 2. she most likely at least knew about magic, if she wasn’t a witch herself. There was also something inherently terrifying about seeing a woman-headed dog laughing. It was kind of horrifying beyond psychological reasoning.

Renly was starting to look a little nervous, so Wynn gave him a scratch behind the ears…on his own body MAN this was weird.

“Cell phone. Right.” Wynn fished the phone out of Mari’s pocket and looked down at her. “Who do you want me to call?” There was no way she could dial with paws, after all.
Oracle Mall
Purrs & Grrs
Groomer
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Marielle Prince » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Wynn went to scratch behind Renly's ears and Mari smiled, before figuring that solving this problem would probably be extremely beneficial to all of their sanity. Renly must be freaking out about having opposable thumbs. And only standing on two legs. And probably a whole plethora of other things. So she looked at Wynn and said, "Call Suki Holland. She's got medical training and should be able to switch us back easy peasy, no problem!"
Oracle Mall
Creations by Marielle
Owner/Seamstress
BIRTHDAY
25/ 7/1983
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Shannon Mirabilis » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Wynn nodded and flipped through Mari’s contacts until he found Suki’s number. He called and it rang a few times before she picked up. “H-hi, S-Suki? Um I’m a f-f-friend of M-M-Marielle’s and w-w-we n-need some h-help in P-Purrs and G-G-Grrs. N-no w-w-we’re o-okay just…y-y-you’ll see. Ok-kay. W-w-w-e’re in the b-b-back. B-bye.” With that, he hung up and looked at Mari.

“She’ll b-b-be h-here in a m-minute.”
Oracle Mall
Purrs & Grrs
Groomer
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'8"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Suki Holland-Antonucchi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Suki was trained in reading stutters, panicked gibberish, and speed-talkers, it was one of the things she had to respond to when she was confronting witnesses at emergency scenes, this stranger calling her from Marielle's cell was easy to decipher with his stuttering. Worried, Suki had rushed to the Oracle Mall, specifically at Purrs and Grrs to help with whatever the fashion designer had gotten herself into

To say she wasn't amused and surprised at the same time would be a lie as she approached the group. Suki knew that the Wizarding World operated in very weird ways, especially working as a Mediwitch, she had seen all sorts of different magical maladies and weirdness. Though despite this, it was actually her first time dealing with... this sort of situation. The Mediwitch was glad they had touched on this subject on her training, some spontaneous animal-human transfiguration switch-a-roo. Suki looked down at the two human heads, her hands on her hips, and the side of her lips twitching up.
London
St. Mungo's
Mediwitch
BIRTHDAY
17/ 7/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9
PLAYER | TheRealBee