• Administrator

Like Night and Day

Worker housing for Ministry employees.

Re: Like Night and Day

Postby Astrid Macmillan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 am

She goggled around at everything in the room in silent awe, vaguely wondering whether this girl he was on about having gone on a date with was actually a girl at all, because girls in general didn't seem to feature very prominently in his life.

As she squinted at the screen, the text resolved itself into some truly amazing information. Astrid let out a bleat of laughter. "Oh my god -- you're the one that writes those stories about my cousin!" she exclaimed.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
MLE Office Receptionist
BIRTHDAY
27/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Half-Vampire
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Conrad Verner » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 am

"You read them?! Did you like them?" Conrad's eyes sparkled hopefully at her with an enthusiasm so pure and innocent that it somehow suggested a glass heart sitting at the edge of a table that could fall off and shatter at any moment.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Maintenance and Support
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Astrid Macmillan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:56 am

If she was honest, Astrid herself had always assumed the stories about Conall were written by someone with their tongue firmly in their cheek; god knew he had enough enemies, and one of them seemed certain to want to spend that much time and effort making him look stupid.

Looking at Conrad though, she was surprised to realise that actually he appeared to believe wholeheartedly in the stories he was telling. "Oh, yes!" she said brightly. "In fact, my whole family are huge fans." Not technically a lie - they did all delight in quoting them at Conall during Sunday dinner. "I was wondering...where do you get your ideas from?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
MLE Office Receptionist
BIRTHDAY
27/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Half-Vampire
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Conrad Verner » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Her whole family?

Even--gasp--Conall himself???

A doofy smile curled across Conrad's face and his eyes sparkled like an anime girl's. Looking down bashfully as he fiddled with some random piece of paper off the counter, he said, "Ohhhhh, I dunno... they just come to me sometimes. And, uh... sometimes I get fans sending me ideas too."

Unknown to him, some of those recommendations had probably come from one of Conall's secret accounts. >.>
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Conall Macmillan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am

From the main room, the door clicked and there came the sound of footsteps on the tile. "Astrid?" he called out, his hands full of extension cords rattling faintly.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Witch Watcher
BIRTHDAY
4/ 8/1966
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus*
HEIGHT
6'3"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Astrid Macmillan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 am

Hurriedly she straightened up and stepped away from the computer. "Hey, Conall!" she called back, gliding towards the door to greet her cousin.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
MLE Office Receptionist
BIRTHDAY
27/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Half-Vampire
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Conrad Verner » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Conall????!?!??!?!?!?!

Conrad practically swooned around to see the great, big studly man muffin stride through the door like a lion in his domain. Inch by inch, baby step by baby step, he crept closer and closer to Astrid and the tall, burly Scotsman, a fixed grin on his face. Timidly, he held up his hand and waved at Conall as if his fingers were tickling something. He was starting to feel light headed!

He tried to sound casual.

"Good day~~~."

:3
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a