• Administrator

Beneath the Surface

Real Wizarding Life Forum RP... play all your favorite real people!

Beneath the Surface

Postby Douglas Warren » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Halston Burke

Sometimes these galas just got to be too much. Halston sipped her drink, wondering about the world she lived in: a world of privilege and parties and, above all, wealth. Sometimes the luxury just didn't seem worth it anymore. She thirsted for adventure, for someone who could release her from her gilded cage and show her exactly what the world was made of. Everything around her was glamorous and sparkled and she could see her reflection in the curve of every wine glass, but what did it mean, really?

She sighed, and waited, and hoped.

"I think sometimes people just need something beautiful to be inspired by."
Last edited by Liz on Tue May 30, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hogsmeade
Wizarding Wireless Network
Newscaster
BIRTHDAY
11/11/1969
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Liz

Re: Beneath the Surface

Postby Macayla Carter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Persephone Ripley

No one here knew the value of hard work, or the value of the actual money they wasted their lives spending. How were shining diamonds meant to enrich her life? They were just things. Things that cost a lot of money, and did nothing worth while. These galas spared no expense, and for what? So some jumped up rich people could gorge themselves on ridiculous foods and dress up in fancy clothes. Persephone wasn't supposed to be here, not really. Her mother and father wanted this life for her, but she did not want it for herself. A pretty blonde woman sat one table away, looking as unimpressed as she felt. Maybe they were kindrid spirits.

“Mind if I sit?”

”Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Accidents and Catastrophes
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
31/12/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Douglas Warren » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Halston Burke

Halston jolted when she heard the voice, even though the voice itself wasn't harsh or unpleasant. It was actually quite melodious and warm with a sort of honey-dipped tinge to it. The voice had disrupted her thoughts, but as she looked up, she found she wasn't upset about it. Quite the opposite. The brunette's lovely face seemed to make a warm cloud of comfort wash over her.

Halston shook her head, smiling softly. "Not at all," she replied. "I wasn't expecting anybody."

Last edited by Liz on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hogsmeade
Newscaster
BIRTHDAY
11/11/1969
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Macayla Carter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 am

Persephone Ripley

When the blonde turned to look at her, Persephone tried not to stare. She was quite beautiful, with soft looking skin and intense eyes. It felt like they were in their own little bubble as Persephone sat down. For some unknown reason, there was an air of understanding around them that no one else could penetrate. Once sat down, Persephone placed her elbow on the table. "Persephone Ripley." She introduced herself, holding her hand out for the pretty blonde to shake.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
Last edited by Morgan on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
31/12/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Douglas Warren » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Halston Burke

Halston felt it, too, a sort of bubble that enveloped them as Persephone sat down: a bubble that blocked out the sounds and sights of the other people and made room only for them. It was strange, the way the intensity of the brunette's gaze locked onto Halston's own. She wasn't accustomed to looking at other women this way. She wasn't even certain she'd ever done it before. Confusion mixed with delight in a roiling, beautiful mess.

"Halston Burke," she replied, taking Persephone's hand and squeezing it. The other woman's fingers were long and slender and warm, delicate and sensual, yet strong. Halston nearly sighed.

"What brings you here tonight?"

Hogsmeade
Newscaster
BIRTHDAY
11/11/1969
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Macayla Carter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:41 am

Persephone Ripley

Persephone wasn't used to talking to such a beautiful women, despite much preferring their company. Men were just vile at times. Many of the men here were probably vile, but she hadn't given them the time of day to find out. Halston was much more worth her time. A little jolt of excitement burst up her arm when their hands touched, and Persephone had to bite her bottom lip to stop from reacting. The other woman's skin was soft, her movements elegant.

"I'm here with my father, he likes to bring me to these things. To meet men." She rolled her eyes. He was going to get a very big shock one day. A day she wasn't looking forward to. In fact, she was quite scared.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
31/12/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Morgan

Postby Douglas Warren » Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Halston Burke

"Men?" Halston repeated, her voice a sort of light, fluttering laugh. "I thought all the men here were old or already in arranged matches. Has your father met these people?" She shook her head, looking around once again at all the finery that, at the end of the day, meant so very little. The light from the chandelier shimmered and skipped in her fancy crystal glass. Conspicuous consumption at its finest.

"So, you don't ... have one you like, then?"

Hogsmeade
Newscaster
BIRTHDAY
11/11/1969
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Macayla Carter » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Persephone Ripley

The other woman's laughter was music to Persephone's ears. She'd never heard such a beautiful sound. It was no surprise such a sound came from such a beautiful woman. "Unfortunetly he has, and still thinks there will be one here for me." There just wouldn't be, and age was the least of her worries. Persphone's gaze followed Halston's around the room, noting the lavish decor that simply wasn't necessary.

"Merlin, no! Men aren't exactly my cup of tea, so to speak."

”Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
Ministry of Magic
Obliviator
BIRTHDAY
31/12/1978
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT